The Bureau of Motor Vehicles offers an online service to renew your driver's license or Maine ID card or purchase a replacement driver's license or ID card at any time, day or night.
The online process is easy and payment by credit card is quick and secure.
Who can use this service?
This service is designed to process a renewal or replacement credential that requires no changes. A Maine licensed driver with an active digital license, digital motorcycle license or digital motor driven cycle restricted license and any holder of a digital Maine ID card may use this service.
Please Note: If you have not yet provided proof of legal presence to the Bureau of Motor Vehicle, you can not use this service.
You cannot use this service and will have to visit a BMV office unit if:
- Your privilege to operate is suspended or revoked.
- You hold a commercial driver's license.
- Use Movie Pictures Wikihow How To - Maker Windows You hold a driver's license from another jurisdiction.
- You have not provided proof of legal presence to the BMV.
- Use Movie Pictures Wikihow How To - Maker Windows Your current driver's license or Maine ID card has an out-of-state address, post office box, mail drop, rural route or general delivery. You must provide proof of residency to the BMV.
- You changed your name since your last renewal.
- You changed your address since your last renewal.
- You wish to change your weight or hair color.
- You have developed a medical condition or an existing medical condition has changed since your last renewal.
- You need an eye exam. Vision screenings are required at the first license renewal after attaining age 40, at every 2nd renewal after that, and at every license renewal after attaining age 62.
What you will need
- Your Social Security number
- A valid credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
- A printer
- Renew your Maine Driver's license or Maine ID card
Please do not contact the Town Office regarding assistance with this online service. All inquires should be directed to BMV at: (207) 624-9000 x 52114 or Email